Audio Visual Installation Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||EngineerEngineer - Audio VisualEngineer - InstallerEngineer - Video Conferencing|
|Salary||£25000 - £27000 Per Annum Neg.doe £25k + bonus, use of company v|
- The Opportunity
Our client is looking for an AV Installation Engineer to install and commission sound, lighting, projection and video systems into schools, colleges, places of worship, local authority leisure venues and community projects and attractions.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in some or all of the following:
Cable management/installation, termination of power, sound, lighting, video and networking cables, experience of typical AV digital control protocols (i.e Dante, DMX, ArtNet, HD-BaseT etc.), test fault-finding skills, soldering, networking, manufacturers design, set-up control applications.
More specific functions are as follows:
1. Liaise with the sales team to fully understand project brief as agreed by the client.
2. Conduct installation, sub-assembly (i.e. rack build), repair, test and commissioning of AV and related equipment as directed.
3. Repairs and servicing of equipment both in the workshop and on site.
4. Delivering on service contracts and extended warranties.
5. On-site training of clients in the use of equipment.
6. Effective communication of project expectations, progress, issues and needs to relevant team members.
7. Carry out Goods-in, Goods-out and warehousing processes.
8. Ensure workshop and warehouse are kept clean, tidy and safe.
9. Liaise openly and constructively, in an appropriate timely manner, internally and externally to ensure the delivery of the key responsibilities.
10. Meet project (and preceding milepost) deadlines.
11. Source and procure parts and consumables as required by project.
12. Complete necessary project documentation.
Based in Essex salary will be neg.doe circa £25k + bonus, pension, use of company vehicle when on business and other benefits.
Your skills and experience
You will have experience in installing Audio Visual Systems in many different spaces such as schools, homes, churches and other places of worship and offices and leisure centres.
As a customer facing position, it is imperative that you are able to present yourself, at all times, in a professional, courteous and productive manner. The role requires extensive travel around the south-east and sometimes further afield plus occasional time away from home.
Our client is a small but successful and growing business. It is therefore important that you maintain good communication and expect, on occasion, to get involved in activities outside of your core function. Helping with exhibitions, provision of content for marketing, recognising and reporting back sales opportunities, or just ways that we can help customers are all examples of these.
Our clients design, supply and install tailored flexible sound, lighting, and audio-visual systems that are simple to use. They offer a broad spectrum of sound, lighting, projection and interactive screen solutions for specific market applications.
AV Jobs are the No 1 specialist Audio Visual Recruiter in the UK and work with clients and candidates to ensure a perfect job fit.