AV Live Events Technical Project Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||South East London|
|Area||City of London, EnglandLondon South East, England|
|Sector||ManagerManager - ProjectEvents & HireEvents & Hire - Project ManagerEvents & Hire - ExhibitionsEvents & Hire - Conferences|
|Salary||£32000 - £42000 Per Annum £32k-£42k doe + bonuses|
- The Opportunity
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an established and expanding Audio Visual Production Company during a major growth stage into the Events Agency arena. Established since 2005, our client works with clients such as British Museum, The Sun, Nordea Bank, BMW, Twitter and many more on small to medium valued events.
However they wish to expand the business and as their new Project Manager, you would be a vital part of the team and of the company's growth and development.
This opportunity could lead to a directorship if you make the PM Team your own and develop the team and service and sales.
The main aim of this job is to Project Manage events with a value of £3k plus. You will be the lead Project Manager and you will be responsible for co-ordinating a project from the initial contact stage through to quote to Project Managing the event on the day and through to post event evaluation and resale later.
From the initial enquiry you will be expected to liaise with the client throughout the project, taking the initial brief, attending site visits and delivering technical solutions that not only meet but exceed expectations and fit within pre agreed budgets. You will also be responsible for the organisation of all supplied equipment and management of outsourced equipment and services i.e. freelance engineers, required to deliver a successful event.
As Project Manager, you will be managing large clients with large production budgets requiring advanced technical and creative solutions. The role is varied and the successful candidate will be expected to manage a wide variety of events often managing multiple events at the same time.
This Project manager will also assist with the development of ideas and themes to increase future sales and be involved in the development of the department if appropriate: - providing creative solutions in the form of design, PowerPoint, keynote computer graphics, music and video or simply promoting the rental of a piece of technical equipment with clients.
To respond and engage with Clients on initial request offering advice, and creative ideas for events.
▪ To take and interpret the client brief and prepare quotes, drawings, specs and all associated paperwork required by any potential or current clients in a legal, professional and well presented format.
▪ To pull together tender paperwork in a successful and professional manner.
▪ To present the pitch /tender in front of panel if required using PowerPoint or other format as chosen by client.
▪ To Project Manage events from start to finish including the planning, booking, and scheduling of kit and freelance crew, as well as the sub-hiring of equipment and furniture as required by each project.
▪ To act as the central point of contact for the client in pre production and onsite stages including any on-site visits that may be required.
▪ To oversee the pre production and on-site installation
▪ To budget each project and ensure profit margins are met throughout and to delivery stages.
▪ To be responsible for all Project logistical management and delivery.
▪ To ensure maximum sales by upselling of equipment, internal departments, other services and crew.
▪ To oversee technicians on site, rig and operate kit when required
▪ To prepare and deliver relevant reports as required by Directors and other managers.
▪ To review previous events and performances and evaluate and develop improvements for future performance of crew and training.
▪ To ensure all legal requirements including Health and Safety are met on any project ensuring the protection of crew and clients, venues and staff.
▪ To develop the Project Management team further with increased sales by bringing on new clients, establishing older relationships and offering creative ideas for increasing sales and increasing future revenue streams.
▪ Although overseeing the entire project delivery, you would be supported by the in house technical team throughout.
▪ To ensure that equipment is ready and in place before each event
▪ To assist Customers and Colleagues with technical queries and advising and quoting on equipment.
▪ To maximise the companys Sales revenue by up selling and suggesting more equipment if appropriate.
▪ Visiting clients at venues across London and Europe to encourage a good customer relationship and increased sales and to promote Project Management services.
Based in South East London salary is negotiable doe circa £32k-£42k plus bonuses and career progression.
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate will have:
▪ A track record of high profile projects managed
▪ Excellent technical knowledge covering the main disciplines of AV live events
▪ Strong work ethic and ability to work within a team and as an individual
▪ Proven experience in managing large and small teams in a live event environment
▪ Ability as well as proven experience of managing multiple events at one time
▪ Health and Safety knowledge and experience of completing the relevant H S paperwork for all types of events.
▪ Ability to communicate and consult effectively with good presentation skills
▪ Knowledge of all Microsoft office packages and packages to do appropriate drawings.
▪ Strong creative thinking
▪ A keen interest in the industry and technical developments
▪ Professional with initiative and flexibility
▪ Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
▪ Ability to manage more than one project at a time
▪ Time management and prioritisation
▪ Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of business
▪ Willingness to work unsociable hours
▪ Ability to develop a new department and recruit new staff, develop business strategies and the ability and ambition to develop a new service.
▪ You must have the capability to carry and lift AV equipment and staging from vans to venues when required
▪ A current and clean European driving licence held for a minimum of 2 years.
The successful Project Manager will be servicing well known brands usually within London but future business is expected to develop nationally and within Europe.
Our client is a successful Audio Visual Hire and Production company based in South East London. They supply AV equipment, crew and Project Management services to the Events industry. Clients include 4 5+ Star Hotels, elegant Venues and all types of high profile, blue chip companies including the medical and banking industry.
AV Jobs are the No. 1 Audio Visual recruiters in UK and Europe working with clients and candidates to ensure a perfect job fit every time.