AV Events Business Development Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||South East London/City|
|Area||City of London, EnglandLondon South East, England|
|Sector||SalesSales - Audio VisualSales - EventsSales - Business DevelopmentSales - Field Sales|
|Salary||£35000 - £60000 Per Annum £35k-£42k pa + uncapped comm + travel|
- The Opportunity
Our successful client is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager from either the Events Agency world, Exhibition, Venues, Audio Visual or Event world someone who has contacts and understands the requirements of the industry. Who is ready to join a successful team and use their dynamic approach for selling to increase our clients and their own profits!
The BDM role will be responsible for developing new business opportunities to many different blue chip or business client groups basically any company holding large and frequent events. Our client will let you specialise in the industry sector you know best.
You would be welcomed to their Management team and for this you will receive a good basic salary as well as an uncapped commission structure plus other benefits and a great respectful team to work within. This position, for the right person can lead to promotion to Sales Director and profit shares if you produce the results.
This position is expected to work on a blend of 80% of new and self generated business to 20% of business from leads but with assistance from a full time sales person.
As an Experienced Business Development Manager, you will report directly to and have the full support of the Directors. You will be required to grow revenue and profits beyond current totals, by gaining new business as well as increasing current accounts.
Your main duties will be:-
▪ To contact leads and attend meetings being generated by our Telesales person.
▪ To work with the telesales person to generate the leads /meetings you require to win new business.
▪ Generate and contact your own new leads, clients and secure new business.
▪ To attend Sales meetings with Clients, Directors and potential clients as well as colleagues.
▪ To use the leads provided to you by other sources to contact and sell onto.
▪ To develop your understanding of clients and new clients technical needs to ensure maximum sales.
▪ To further develop existing clients relationships and maximising revenue from key accounts
▪ To achieve and exceed Industry sales results and increase the profits of the company by meeting targets.
▪ To actively develop your Event Industry and product knowledge to enable prompt and accurate customer support and advice.
▪ To proactively develop new business with new dynamic ideas.
▪ To proactively learn about new technology and develop new approved sales strategies to bring in new business using this new technology.
▪ To attend regular Sales Planning meetings with directors to evaluate markets and performances
▪ To actively assist the Marketing team with ideas and requests for the production of appropriate marketing collateral including ideas for mailshots and assist with brochure development and other marketing material.
▪ Identify and assist with potential Marketing campaigns and events
▪ To assist with the creation of a Sales Planning document to be re-evaluated every 6 months, this document will form your actions to achieve the maximum sales in the next 6 months, this should be actioned and updated by you regularly.
▪ To generate business and leads by attending exhibitions and attending events that may have potential clients attending (this may involve some evenings and weekends)
1. To communicate with potential new and existing clients via telephone, face to face visits, email and letter
2. To be the company's representative during Sales or Project meetings.
3. To maximise the companys Sales revenue and profits by selling equipment and services to new clients and increasing revenue from existing and past clients
4. Visiting clients at venues across London and UK to encourage a good customer relationship, increased sales and to promote our Project Management services.
5. Producing reports and associated paperwork.
6. To be proactive in assisting the Directors of the company in progressing the company and its sales through other marketing avenues such as google adwords, exhibitions, mailshots and other sales and marketing ideas.
Based in South East London/City - salary will be £35k-£42k p.a. basic neg. with uncapped commission plus travel card allowance & pension.
Your skills and experience
This role would be ideal for an existing Business Development Manager/ Sales Manager with a minimum of 3 years direct sales experience and achieving great profit results. You should be looking to take on an exciting new role and make it into your own.
You should be a dynamic person with great initiative looking for a future career path and with the ambition to increase your salary and position within the company.
▪ 3 years minimum proven Sales work experience selling B2B with a proven understanding of excellent sales process/ techniques, which would include the full sales cycle from lead generation to closing techniques.
▪ 1 years minimum experience of selling within the Events/AV/Venue industry
▪ Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and inter-personal skills
▪ A proven track record of meeting and selling to blue chip and high profile clients.
▪ Strong closing and negotiation skills
▪ Knowledge of types of equipment required at events to ensure your ability to sell
▪ A strong revenue achievement track record is required.
▪ Strong work ethic and ability to work within a team and as an individual
▪ The ability to work under your own initiative to create your own sales (although some leads will be provided, you should have the ability to see and create where other leads could come from)
▪ Ability to communicate and consult to people at a senior level with effective excellent presentation skills
▪ Experience of working in the main Microsoft office packages including Outlook, word, excel and PowerPoint
▪ A keen interest in the industry and technical developments will need to be demonstrated.
▪ Professional with the ability to use your own initiative and flexibility as well as work within a team.
▪ The ability to organise your own diary and tasks. With excellent time management skills and able to prioritise your own workloads.
▪ Results orientated person, who is ambitious, focused, driven and determined to progress within the company.
▪ Able to present with either PowerPoint or Keynote to tender panels if required.
▪ Good technical knowledge covering the main disciplines of AV live events is useful
Our client is a successful Audio Visual Hire and Production company based in South East London. They supply AV equipment, crew and Project Management services to the Events industry. Clients include 4 5+ Star Hotels, elegant Venues and all types of high profile, blue chip companies including the medical and banking industry. They offer a real opportunity for the successful candidate to progress to Director level.
AV Jobs are the No. 1 Audio Visual recruiters in UK and Europe working with clients and candidates to ensure a perfect job fit every time.