AV & IT Technical Product Support Expert
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Essex, EnglandCity of London, EnglandKent, England|
|Sector||EngineerEngineer - Audio VisualEngineer - ServiceEngineer - Technical SupportEngineer - Helpdesk|
|Salary||£40000 - £45000 Per Annum £40k-£45k p.a. plus benefits|
- The Opportunity
This is a great opportunity to work for a successful global and award winning manufacturer and distributor as a Technical Product Expert.
Your role will be to assist customers, end users and employees, primarily via support case escalations from Product Support Specialists or Technical Support Manager. You will be required to work flexibly, in a rapidly changing technical environment. It may be necessary to assist, or cover for other technical employees from time to time.
▪ Serve as an escalation point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email, escalations will mostly come from our client's Product Support Specialists.
▪ To assist all users (including International customers) with Technical Support covering both IT and interactive AV products hardware and software matters.
▪ Be a premier subject matter expert / have in-depth knowledge of the technical products sold by our client. This will include hardware and software.
▪ Create and update training material and confidently deliver a two-day service training course.
▪ To provide technical training on interactive AV products for repair agents outside of the UK.
▪ To provide technical training to UK hardware service team on new products when required.
▪ Keep International agents informed on technical updates and developments with interactive products.
▪ Assist the sales manager with out of warranty quotes.
▪ Liaise with manufacturers with product development and issues.
▪ Monitor the repair tickets to check process/repairs are carried out to company standards. To raise issues if noted.
▪ Use SAP to find products, determine serial numbers, investigate history of sales of equipment to aid support.
▪ Good time management and priority handling.
▪ Be part of the on-call rota to support International support requests after normal working hours.
▪ Attend pre post sales meetings on customers sites, when required.
▪ Assist Technical Support Manager with the technical design, test and setup of equipment for and at trade shows and external events when required.
▪ Movement and setup of test products and equipment in our client's head office.
Based in Kent salary is £40k-£45k p.a. plus benefits.
Your skills and experience
You will have a passion for technology and keen to help everyone get the best out of it.
You will have excellent analytical, computer and communication skills with the ability to diagnose and communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
▪ Intermediate to advanced levels of skill in problem analysis and resolution of both hardware and software problems/incidents.
▪ Excellent ability to interface with both internal and field based team members and external customers, via telephone/email and face-to-face meetings.
▪ Ability to handle clients professionally during all interactions.
▪ Past experience in customer support troubleshooting IT Audio Visual based technologies and responding to customer service needs.
▪ Past experience in servicing and diagnosing faults on electronic based hardware.
▪ The ability to be a good listener, and to really understand an incident or question to then provide workable solutions.
▪ Effectively find a solution to incidents using own knowledge and all available methods at your disposal.
▪ Excellent telephone manner as some support will be provided over the phone.
▪ Excellent writing skills. Most of your work will be written (email, support tickets, documentation, etc.).
▪ Full UK driving licence.
It is essential that you have these technical skills:
Audio Visual (Advanced)
▪ Screen technologies: - LED LCD
▪ VGA, HDMI DisplayPort
▪ Thorough understanding of cables and their specifications used in AV environments
Hardware fault diagnosis
▪ Confidence in dismantling large pieces of hardware.
▪ Ability to diagnose hardware faults using appropriate tools e.g. multi-meter, reading board schematics.
▪ Read and understand service manuals and schematics.
Desktop (Intermediate to advanced)
▪ Windows 7 to 10
▪ Mac OS X/OS Sierra
▪ Microsoft Office (general)
▪ Can confidently operate smartphones and tablets
▪ Network (Intermediate) To have previously supported the following technologies protocols
▪ Web filters/proxy
These skills are also highly desirable:
▪ Lynx 5.0
▪ Snowflake (by Nuitec)
▪ Display Note
▪ Previous experience in supporting Android products
▪ Medium to advanced understanding of wired and wireless networking
▪ Packet capturing and packet inspection
▪ Previously been trained and/or had 3 years + in electronics servicing at component level
▪ Work Android AOSP software stack and use the relevant tools to maintain it
Our client is a well respected and successful global AV distributor and manufacturer who are passionate about their business. They offer an excellent working environment and good career opportunities.
AV Jobs are the No. 1 Audio Visual Recruiters in the UK working with clients and candidates to ensure a successful job fit every time.