Audio Visual Lead Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||London & Home Counties|
|Area||Essex, EnglandMiddlesex, EnglandSurrey, EnglandCity of London, EnglandLondon North , EnglandLondon North West, EnglandHertfordshire, UK|
|Sector||EngineerEngineer - Audio VisualEngineer - InstallerEngineer - Home AutomationEngineer - Project|
|Salary||£35k Per Annum plus benefits|
- The Opportunity
This is a great opportunity for an experienced AV Lead engineer who enjoys varied jobs and locations as a lot of work is overseas as well as throughout the UK and covers luxury marine, commercial and high-end residential installations.
You will be responsible for the roll out and implementation on site of the agreed solution and also for the detailed orientation and co-ordination of the solution and be able to implement procedure and discipline to a team of installers to enable an efficient and timely roll out.
You will have a full commercial appreciation of the project and the customer and where it sits within our client's longer term plan, and will report directly to the Projects Manager.
A positive “can do” attitude to achieve the results expected by the client and the company is essential.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be able to make decisions and resolve problems encountered independently, while documenting change and deviation and ensure drawings amendments, changes and deviations are communicated to the Project Manager following decisions for costing and approval.
▪ Ensuring technical and physical co-ordination of the solution with the client and other contractors
▪ Capturing any and all changes and deviations from the Scope of Works relaying this information to the Projects Manager in a timely and orderly fashion
▪ Ensuring the installation meets the required standards
▪ Work with the on-site team to ensure the project deadlines and milestones are meet
▪ The ability to communicate on-site progress, daily, to the Projects Manager is essential
▪ Conduct “Toolbox” talks when needed
▪ Ensures that all company workers comply with on-site and legal Health Safety rules and regulations
The successful candidate must have certification or experience in the following:
▪ AMX· Crestron (digital media control systems)
▪ Polycom, Cisco VC
▪ TCP/IP Networking
▪ Maintains a good and cordial working relationship with all on-site contractors and client team
▪ Actively participate in training and development programmes and maximize opportunities for self-development
▪ Comply with company rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
▪ Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
▪ Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
▪ Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
Based in North London/Herts/Middlesex/Essex your salary will be circa £35k p.a. based on a 40 hour week. You must be able to travel when necessary including overseas.
Your skills and experience
The successful applicant will be a positive communicator with strong leadership skills and the following experience:
▪ 3+ years working as an AV Engineer
▪ Eligible to work in the UK
▪ Experience in integrating audio visual systems with other systems
▪ High technical knowledge of all AV and control systems
▪ Experience with coordinating with other trades
▪ Basic knowledge of ITC and its interaction with the solutions our client provides
▪ Ability to read, understand and interpret the audio visual schematics and construction drawings
▪ Possess a good underpinning technical knowledge of Electronics and Audio Visual Systems
▪ The need and want to troubleshoot issues to achieve the desired results
It would also be useful (but not essential) if you have the following:
▪ High level of ITC knowledge
▪ Basic system control programming
▪ Lighting knowledge in relation to AV systems.
▪ InfoComm CTS
▪ Home automation experience
You must have a passion for offering the highest level of service to all customers.
Our client is an award winning Audio Visual company who specialise in Commercial, Luxury Marine and High-End residential projects. They offer excellent career training and opportunities.
AV Jobs are the No. 1 Audio Visual Recruiters in the UK working with clients and candidates to ensure a successful job fit every time.